Saturday, June 20, 2009

What would YOU do?

This is what happens if we don't or can't "read" these Munchkins to sleep and leave them awake in their room during nap or bedtime.


Originally we just had mattresses on the floor. We put theirs beds on frames hoping it would deter them. But it hasn't seemed to slow them down. We tried strapping the mattress, box spring, and frame together but that became a hazard when Owen slid under the strap. So we've separated the beds to opposite sides of the room hoping that will help. But as I type they are trying their hands at the new furniture configuration. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

Annessa said...

Oh, my goodness! What little creative, cooperative critters! I'd go back to mattresses on the floor...but they'd probably find something else to get into. That's just what kids do. I can't figure out how those tiny little ones lifted and flipped that big 'ol mattress!

Jan said...

Wow, no suggestions here.... You have some strong little ones! Good luck!

carlsonpie said...

structural engineers, don't fight it put it to work!
Really, I have no idea. I'll ask Dave. He was a classic risky kid.

Becca Jackson said...

Wow!#*@&!%^>\ I raised you 7 kids and you never came up with the likes these 2 have. The worse was Glenn & Rex and the magic marker madness. Wish I had the answer. Those two are creative and also scary. BUT I sure do LOVE them. grandma J

Linda said...

Wrastling a mattress is hard for 2 adults! how do those 28?chicken cans high kids manoover all that mattress? Get them a job at RENT-A- CENTER! TODAY!

Glenn and Sara said...

Okay, looks like they had about as much fun as Eden had with a whole stick of lipstick one time. She put the entire stick all over her entire head including her hair. This also happened during a nap time adventure when she was about two.It took me weeks to scrub it all out of her hair.
Now for the suggestion. I say you give them just one bed to share. We have three beds and our girls still manages to all cram into the top bunk of the bunk bed on occasion. It is a lovely tangle of arms,legs, and giggles.
Glenn has an entirely other kind of suggestion, but you'll have to ask him about it.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

All I can do is laugh!

Pack of Robinsons said...

I agree with Molly. Take pictures, blog about it and laugh. You're doing the right thing! It won't last forever.