Monday, June 6, 2011

It Pays To Read

Last summer we went on lots of outings.
We also had fun with a great idea
we got from my cousin-in-law’s cousin
The Great Scotts - Interactive Literature,
reading a book with the children and then doing an activity
or outing that corresponds with the book.

These are some of the books we read:

(We talked about how the different colored waters tasted the same.

We are all the same on the inside. We are all children of God.)

(The kids painted the house with water, just like Kelly and Carl.)



(We measured the kids' room and drew a floor plan of it.)


At the end of the summer I learned

it “pays” to do the summer reading program.

Through our county library reading program,

my kids each received a free cookie on a stick.

I thought I would be thoughtful and buy one for my hubby.

We selected one and she rang it up…$6.50!

We bought him an undecorated chocolate chip cookie

off-the-stick instead, $1.50.

So get out there and take advantage of

your local library's Summer Reading Program!

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

Awe.SOME!! I love this idea & need to do some of this in our family. Summer is a great time to start.

Thanks for the inspiration! Your darlings are growing so smart, handsome, & beautiful!!

leethie said...

Cute. I love how the last one is right up your alley with design. I didnt know the young kids could do the summer reading until this year. Ruth and Rex are excited for it.