Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I Wanna Know 'Y'!"

Adblock


Let the ‘why’s’ begin!


“Owen, I need to change your poopy diaper.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s stinky.”

“Why?”

“Because your body breaks down your food.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s the garbage of your food.”

“Why?”

“Because that’s how Heavenly Father made you.”

“Why?”

“Because He loves you.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re His child.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re His Spirit child.”

“Why?”


I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the ‘why’s’ and believe that most, if not all, of life’s ‘why’s’ can be answered with our Heavenly Father’s love for us.

6 comments:

Jill said...

So cute!! And funny - I just know those will come our way some day.

Speaking of the "why's", I once read that toddlers occasionally use "why" as a way of saying "no". RJ uses other stalling tactics. He says, 'five minutes' to everything. When we tell him it's bedtime, "no, I play Scoop and Muck for fiiiiiive minutes."

That's what we get for using the 5,3,1 notification tactic. Oh well - he does obey for the most part.

Sharalea said...

funny & sweet that you are teaching him about the gospel even with the never-ending 'whys'!

paynejandj said...

We are totally into the Why? around here too. Sometimes it makes me cRaZy!!! But you are right, we often end with "Because Heavenly Father loves you". I do feel for you though because you have TWO 'Y's going on at your house. Out of Luke's 15-20 words, "why" is not yet one of them. Why? Because he is not yet 2. Why? Because his birthday is not until Saturday. Why? Because he was born on the 19th? Why? Because that was when Heavenly Father said it was time. Why? Because he needed a body? Why? Because HE loves him.

Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!!!

Jan said...

That's hilarious! Sam is EXACTLY the same way and Ben answers him just like you did. Curiosity is a good thing!

paynejandj said...

Has anyone else complained about not seeing the photo or is that just me?

Kristyn said...

That is just so funny!